- Thursday, 28 May 2020 at 2:00 pm (CEST)
Free to join
A webinar around the collaboration of Delft University of Technology and Livework Studio, where we bring together service designers, scholars of how organizational processes change and people from business, to discuss how service design and organizational change scholars could learn from each other.Register in advance for this webinar
Service design and organizational change
On May 28th 14:00-18:00h (CEST time) the Delft University of Technology in collaboration with Livework Studio will host a webinar about service design and organizational change, where we bring together:
- service designers
- people studying service design
- organisational scholars who focus on organizational change in processes, aka “routine dynamics”
What do we do?
Keynotes on Service Design and Organizational Change (Livework Studio) and the “shape” of your work Prof Brian Pentland (Michigan State University). Round-tables on sustainability, digitalisation and routine design.
Why is organizational change relevant for service design?
A challenge of service designers has been the implementation of the designed service in the organization. The challenges reach from from training, to inceptives, to changing existing ways-of-working. Here is an opportunity to learn about organizational change from people that study and do organizational change. Hence that we bring together people that change organizational processes (like service designers) with people that study how organizational processes change (routine dynamics).
We have leading scholars focusing on change in organizational processes (e.g. Keynote by Prof Brian Pentland, (Michigan State University), leading service design practitioners (e.g. Livework Studio) and a number of companies (e.g. Bosch, Yanfeng, Ford and others) joining us. Are you interested in service design, organizational design, and more broadly interested in discussing organizationing and designing? Then join us.
We will set-up a Zoom meeting, including breakout rooms for the round tables.
Program of the session
- Introduction Frithjof Wegener: “Routine Dynamics meets Service Design”
- Keynote Prof Brian Pentland (Michigan State University, USA): What shape is your work?
- Keynote Livework Studio (Director of Design, Marzia Arico & Jan Koenders, NL & UK): Service Design & Organizational Change
- Introduction Roundtables
- Sustainability by Director of Innovation Erik Roscam Abbing & Sanne Pelgröm of Livework Studio & Assistant Prof. Katharina Dittrich (Warwick University, UK)
- Digitalisation by Prof. Maaike Kleinsmann (TU Delft) & Prof Hans Berends (VU Amsterdam)
- Routine Design by Frithjof Wegener, Vern Glaser (UofAlberta, CAN), Zoë Dankfort & Kees van Kuijk
- Recap & Plenary Discussion of Roundtables: What can Routine Dynamics and Service Design learn from each other?
- Community Announcements & Farewell
- Optional: Digital Drinks
Interested to join?
If you are interested to join, please register here. If you have questions, email email@example.com.Register in advance for this webinar