Livework is looking for aspiring service designers to gain experience in the real world of service design at Livework’s Rotterdam studio.
For this position we are looking for someone that will be part of our project team working for a leading international sports brand.
You can expect to get involved in all aspects of our work, from running research and client workshops, to visualising journeys and blueprints, and supporting our clients in bringing service design into their way of working. We are looking for an enthusiastic, energetic addition to the team. Someone with strong visual and illustration skills and an eagerness to learn and expand your skill-set and experience.
What can you expect?
- Working on pioneering projects for a leading international sports brand – ranging from defining future strategies for retail, designing new circulair services and optimizing omni-channel consumer experiences.
- Working in close collaboration with a passionate group of close colleagues.
- Flexible working schedule, working mostly from home, depending on the Covid situation
- Not just watching, but actually getting the responsibility and get your hands dirty.
- Access to an enormous knowledge database of more than 1500 projects
- Freedom to discover, reflect & challenge yourself
An average day for an intern looks like this: in the morning you start with a check-in with the project team you work with to discuss the plan for the coming week. Then you get started with some tasks, such as making drawings in Illustrator for a customer journey. In the afternoon you and your team prepare the session materials in Miro that you will use in the co-creation session later in the week.
Other tasks you can expect throughout the week include: attending and conducting interviews, analyzing research data and workshop outputs to generate insights, attending idea generation sessions to turn insights into actionable ideas, developing ideas into concepts and writing an insight report.
Next to the project work there is also time to participate in inspiration sessions, studio events, design club sessions to learn and share experiences with other designers, Livework drinks and other activities that will help you get to know our studio and our people and get the most out of your internship experience.
Due to the current Covid situation, we assume the internship will be remote for the most part. Please be aware of this!
Who are you?
- A student, (almost) completed a bachelor, or doing a master
- Fluent English (the project is ran in English)
- Available for 6 months
- Strong visual skills (including illustration and sketching)
- Bright mind
- Design thinker
- Hard & effective worker
- People & research affinity
- Optimistic hands-on go getter
How can you apply?
Send your CV (profile pic not necessary) with 1 or 2 star project(s) attached and a short motivation letter explaining your ambition to join our team. Please do so before Thursday the 1st of July 2021. We would like the internship to start at the end of August, beginning of September.Apply here