Livework drives customer-centricity, organisational change and business impact with service design. We’re 50+ people worldwide, with a clear mission to improve society and business through service design.
We’re a growing organisation, working internationally from locations in Rotterdam, London, and Sao Paulo. We’re proud of the work we do, which aims to put human needs at the heart of what organisations do, whilst also making them more effective and profitable.
We work for clients like Public Health England, Mastercard, Danone, Adidas, Lufthansa and even an international producer of horse shoes. Variety is one of the great benefits of being a Liveworker!
For our London office, we are recruiting for a full-time Senior Service Designer.
You’ve probably completed a masters in service design, or maybe a bachelors in a related discipline and have 5 + years of experience in the field with either an agency or on the “client-side”. You are keen to expand your horizon and grow professionally and personally by taking on larger, more demanding and different design challenges. We are looking for curiosity, enthusiasm, energy and a can-do design thinkers mentality.
- Native or fluent in English
- Passionate about service design and user-centered design
- Able to translate customer experience designs to business and operational requirements
- An expert in design research, analysis, and synthesis to identify insights and opportunities
- An expert in using service design methods and tools and collaborating with other disciplines
- Always looking for more effective ways to increase the impact of your work and you have demonstrably created real business impact with it
- Great at working in/with multidisciplinary teams, but happy to work independently too
- Strong in spoken, written and visual communication skills
- Capable to manage your own workload and flexible to adapt to changing demands
We would love to see your CV and your portfolio as well as a cover letter.
See below for a more detailed description:
To manage and deliver client projects, planning, overseeing and executing tasks that cover the full range of service design activities and deliverables. To manage the day to day running of medium and large-sized projects, or workstreams within large, complex projects, including effective delegation and client relationship building. To be actively involved in business development and leading internal improvement initiatives, contributing to the overall success of our clients, our people, and our business.
- Manage day to day running of medium and large-sized projects, overseeing, leading and coaching virtual teams to solve clients’ problems, delivering impactful outcomes as well as high-quality deliverables, within the approved budget
- Manage client relationships/accounts, including commercial discussions, using negotiation skills to ensure they and Livework are getting the best value at every stage
- Lead and perform customer research; plan, conduct, and document interviews; lead workshop planning and facilitation; support “sense-making” and synthesis activities
- Drive the process of co-creation, and take the lead in the elaboration of… ideas, concepts, journeys, blueprints; drive development and testing of prototypes; develop high-quality presentations
- Lead or significantly contribute to writing proposals for new business opportunities and promote the Livework brand through networking, writing, speaking and social media
- Play an active role in marketing an area of specialism (subject matter, methodology component, industry/sector) on behalf of Livework, through networking, writing and speaking engagements, and supporting others in learning and applying in business development and project execution
- Play an active role in shaping and leading our business, making recommendations for improvements and leading x-studio and local initiatives
- Guide, coach, upskill, lead and / or line manage junior staff; always role modeling desired behaviors
- Develop great working relationships with people, contributing positively to the success of and relationships with our clients, and the wellbeing of yourself and other Liveworkers
- Manage your own delivery against commitments effectively and efficiently, to expected time and quality standards
- Develop skills and knowledge relevant to our clients and our business, actively driving self-development and knowledge sharing
- Understand, utilise and play a lead role in improving Livework methods, tools, approaches, policies and procedures for client work and internal matters
Skills, Knowledge, and Experiences:
Five or more years of relevant professional experience. Demonstrated experience, competence or expertise in the following:
- Ability to work both independently and in close co-creation with others; to take decisions when needed and be able to create synergy in a diverse team, with specific roles, and towards a common goal
- Above-average interpersonal skills: the ability to truly engage, connect and create trust with colleagues and clients, as well as having a well-developed empathy for research purposes; the ability to “get customers to talk”
- Above-average visual skills; thinking visually and great at visualising and prototyping, with well developed graphic skills
- Proficient in various software packages plus adeptness at learning new digital tools quickly; an overall affinity with the digital domain
- Ability to be “mentally agile”; to analyze, reframe and think on both a holistic and a detailed level; to think through human and rational lenses, being able to switch between the two, and know when to switch
- Ability to lead facilitation, and be “on stage” in the context of a client workshop, training or public talk; ability to capture an audience, persuade and inspire
- Ability to expertly apply all core aspects of the Livework design discipline to specific client challenges, regularly leading others in the application of the methods
- Ability to organise one’s own and others’ work efficiently to deliver desired quality and timeliness; ability to juggle tasks and elegantly re-plan when required
- Competent in project management tools and techniques as well as account management basics; ability to plan and effectively oversee the execution of a plan, within budget; know when and how to escalate and resolve risks and issues; ability to lead multiple concurrent projects, effectively balancing own time against multiple priorities
- Ability to recognise when help is needed and to engage the right people in an open and constructive way
- Competent in multiple capabilities in core consulting domains including commercial awareness, negotiations, understanding and interpretation of business context, logical reasoning and problem solving and active client engagement (listening, diagnosing, responding, guiding)
- Competent in leadership and management concepts and able to apply effectively, including vision setting, active listening, communication, organisation, driving performance & development, time management, effective delegation, influencing, etc.
Respectful, learning and sharing: Respect for all people is at the heart of what we do. At Livework, we believe that everyone has a lot to teach and more to learn. We will expect you to display respect for others, to seek to learn from your peers, our clients and the wider world and to share what you know openly.
Service-minded and design results-driven: Services are at our core. We believe that seeing the service in everything is illuminating – we look for a passion for service in our team. We also believe that design drives real change when we focus on achieving outcomes for our clients and their customers. The impact we have (not the process) is our ultimate reward.
Humble, bold, empathetic and inclusive: We balance being humble and bold and hope you will be able to do this too. We encourage our team to be bold in their convictions but humble towards the experiences and opinions of others. We expect you to respect and value all forms of diversity.
Optimistic, committed with live/work balance: Optimism is key to our culture. We find opportunities, ideas and solutions for making things better, and infect others with positivity. Also, the key to our culture is a good live/work balance. We work hard but ensure that we are healthy and have a life outside work that enriches us. We look for people who get the balance right and love both.>> Apply here <<