The Principal Service Designer position is reserved for the exceptionally talented Service Designers out there, who have unrivalled experience applying service design at the coalface, across sectors, on the global stage. Principal Service Designers sit comfortably across multiple live projects, using their expertise and experience to hear the signal through the noise; to find the genuinely surprising solution to the client’s problem. You know that when the project ends, the client’s work has only just begun, and this empathy helps you develop lasting, trusted relationships, over multiple phases. You can see the limits of the practice and enjoy experimenting at the fringes to continually push what we do further.
Delivering world-class service design that benefits the Livework brand
- Responsible for leading multiple concurrent service design projects, ensuring your motivated teams are given clear design direction and deliver high quality work
- Able to work alongside clients in a consulting role, to help them get the most out of service design, over the duration of a multi-project relationship
- Lead mixed teams in delivering market-leading service design projects for UK and global clients
- Lead on projects, managing scope, time and budget
- Consult with clients on the best way to get value from service design work
Managing great work from others and helping to build a better Livework
- Line management of a team of Senior Service Designers
- Continually seek ways to improve everything we do
- Defines new best practice and convert it to routine action
- Helps shape the next stage of service design in our communities
Sharing what we do in our communities and winning great new opportunities as a result
- Plays a visible role in our key markets, as a thought leader, speaking at conference and participating in communities
- Actively drives the growth of existing clients
- Takes a lead in finding and winning new clients
- Leads on proposal writing and pitch delivery
- Understand client and sector needs, working to develop profitable long-term relationships
Manager: Studio Director
- MA qualification in service design or similar human-centred design qualification
- Referenceable experience leading a broad mix of complete service design projects that may include multi-channel, strategic and direction-setting, and capability building, ideally across a range of sectors.
- Referenceable experience working in a fast-moving creative agency and consultancy environment
- Referenceable experience winning new business and growing clients
- Referenceable experience developing the practice in ways that positively impact the organisation’s development
Nice to have:
- Client-side experience
- Sector-specific expertise
- Business consultancy
- Change management
- Collaborative working – gets the best out of the team around them
- Client facing – can engage and develop client relationships
- Self-starting and self-reliant – able to run a team and manage the majority of changes
- Continuous improvement – wants to make every project better than the last
- Active in networks – a recognisable person within Livework and wider communities
Livework is the independent pioneer of service design. We’re 55 people worldwide, with a clear mission to improve society and business through service design.
We’re a growing organisation, working internationally from locations in London, Oslo, Rotterdam, Sao Paulo, Beirut and Helsinki. Last year was a record year for us, with growth across all sectors. We’re really proud of the work we’ve done; in the past 12 months, we’ve improved how Londoners access mental health services, helped a luxury client prototype in-store for the first time, and even innovated the world’s leading horse and hoof care provider. Variety is one of the great benefits of being a Liveworker.
We’re a values-based business, which means we put our people first; working hard to create an environment where everyone can bring their best and true selves to work each day. Every Liveworker gets 10 Livedays each year, in addition to their holiday, which they’re free to use for personal and professional development. We regularly gather as a team to co-create plans for the business and enjoy a drink. We put on lunch for everyone, every day, because a strong, happy community does the best work and has the most fun. Small things, but they add up to a big culture.
We have significant plans for the next few years. We believe that services are critical to our day-to-day lives, yet so many of them still don’t work well. We want to push design further; working it harder to solve these problems. We want to help clients invent ever more disruptive services, as well as improve the existing ones. We want to extend our ability to help clients deliver on the design work and make change happen. Above all, we want to stay independent, as that keeps us focused on the core value of service design, and keeps us nimble and tightly focused as Liveworkers.
If this sounds interesting to you, then we’d love to talk.>>> Apply here <<<