Livework Rotterdam is looking for a dynamic Finance Assistant to take our business to the next level.
Livework drives customer-centricity, organisational change and business impact with service design. We’re 50+ people worldwide, with a clear mission to improve society and business through service design.
We’re a growing organisation, working internationally from locations in Rotterdam, London and Sao Paulo. We’re proud of the work we do, which aims to put human needs at the heart of what organisations do, whilst also making them more effective and profitable.
We work for clients like Public Health England, Mastercard, Danone, Adidas, Lufthansa and even an international producer of horse shoes. Variety is one of the great benefits of being a Liveworker!
For our Rotterdam office, we are recruiting for a full-time Finance Assistant.
Our deadline for receiving applications is the 31st January 2020.
As Finance Assistant you will work alongside the Group Financial Controller to run the day-to-day finance function for the Livework group, working with teams across the group and contributing to the overall success of our people and our business.
- Bookkeeping for UK & Dutch entities (sales, purchases, daily bank posting, petty cash management etc)
- Weekly payment runs
- Debtors & creditors management
- Prepare quarterly NL & UK VAT returns
- Assist with month- and year-end closing process
- Assist in the generation of short term cash flow schedule
- Intercompany recharges
- Review employee expense reports
- Manage finance mailbox
- Liaise with external payroll administrator to generate & process monthly payroll
- NL Pension administration & reporting
- Ad hoc reporting
Desired Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Experience with general accounting and bookkeeping practices
- Xero experience
- Previous experience of working with multi-currencies is advantageous
- Fluent in English & Dutch
- Excellent organisational and time-management skills with ability to meet tight deadlines
- A team player and can also demonstrate the ability to work on their own initiative
- Demonstrate good interpersonal skills and the ability to quickly build relationships across the group
Respectful, learning and sharing: Respect for all people is at the heart of what we do. At Livework, we believe that everyone has a lot to teach and more to learn. We will expect you to display respect for others, to seek to learn from your peers, our clients and the wider world and to share what you know openly.
Service-minded and design results-driven: Services are at our core. We believe that seeing the service in everything is illuminating – we look for a passion for service in our team. We also believe that design drives real change when we focus on achieving outcomes for our clients and their customers. The impact we have (not the process) is our ultimate reward.
Humble, bold, empathetic and inclusive: We balance being humble and bold and hope you will be able to do this too. We encourage our team to be bold in their convictions but humble towards the experiences and opinions of others. We expect you to respect and value all forms of diversity.
Optimistic, committed with live/work balance: Optimism is key to our culture. We find opportunities, ideas and solutions for making things better, and infect others with positivity. Also, the key to our culture is a good live/work balance. We work hard but ensure that we are healthy and have a life outside work that enriches us. We look for people who get the balance right and love both.Apply to position