About the Service Designer position:
We are looking for experienced Dutch speaking Service Designers to join the Livework Rotterdam studio (non dutch please check out our UK openings). You will have the skills and experience to work with our team designing better experiences for our clients, their employees and partners. Preferably you have experience in developing and implementing customer experience and service design practices in larger organisations and the competencies to train and coach teams to improve these capabilities.
You have a background in Strategic Product, Interaction Design, Psychology, Sociology or Organisational Design at a master level. You may currently be employed as a product owner, customer journey expert, innovation lead, service designer or alike in a digital transformation environment. Experience at a Service Design agency is welcomed as well.
The successful candidate will be an analytical and creative designer who is able to understand customer, employee and stakeholder needs and see the opportunities contained within our clients’ challenges. We expect you to have a strong portfolio of service design and/or change projects and be able to talk about your role in them.
We’re interested in finding out about your strengths as an individual, but possibly more importantly how you approach working with others – clients and other members of a project team.
What you’ll do:
- Undertake customer, stakeholder, expert (B2C & B2B) research:
- plan, conduct and document interviews
- support/lead workshop planning and facilitation
- support/lead “sense-making” and synthesis activities
- Support the creation of ideas, strategies and take the lead in developing:
- communicating concepts, journeys, blueprints, strategies & roadmaps;
- support development and testing of prototypes
- develop high quality presentations
- Manage the day to day running of projects
- Contribute to crafting proposals and approaches for new business opportunities and promote the Livework brand through networking and social media
- Participate in internal improvement initiatives, contributing ideas and owning procedures to improve how we work
- Develop skills and knowledge relevant to our clients and our business, actively driving self development and knowledge sharing
- Understand and utilise Livework methods, tools, approaches, policies and procedures for client work and internal matters
What we’re looking for from you:
- 3 to 6 years of experience in and passion for service design and human-centred design
- The ability to work both independently and in close co-creation with others; to make decisions when needed and be able to work as part of a diverse team
- Great interpersonal skills: the ability to develop good working relationships with people, contributing positively to relationships with our clients, and the wellbeing of yourself and other Liveworkers
- Interest in people and the ability to relate to them with interest and empathy for research purposes; a facility to “get people to talk”
- Strong visual skills; able to think visually and create visuals for communication of ideas and prototyping
- Proficient in various software packages. We use G-suite and Adobe CS primarily but the ability to learn new digital tools quickly or add to our range of skills is a bonus.
- Ability to be “mentally agile”; to analyse, reframe and think on both a holistic and a detailed level
- Ability to co-facilitate, and be “on stage” in the context of a client workshop, training or public talk; able to play a role in the planning and delivery of presentations required for these
- Ability to organise one’s own work efficiently, deliver desired quality and juggle tasks when the situation demands; the ability to plan, effectively execute your own activities within budget, flag, and appropriately escalate risks
- Ability to recognise when help is needed and to engage the right people in an open and constructive way
- Previous experience in Project management prior to transitioning to Service Design would be a big plus
- A willingness and ability to travel outside of the Netherlands for projects in Europe and/or globally.
- Fluent in Dutch and English is a must.
The deadline for submitting your application is June 24th, 2019.>>> Apply here <<<